A wholesome energy drink: Ginger-lemon tea with coconut oil

april 01, 2013

Ginger-lemon tea with coconut oil.

Sounds crazy, right? The idea of putting coconut oil in my tea seemed pretty wild, but then I remembered about Tibetan tea with yak butter that I always wanted to try (though it sounds somewhat gruesome and I hear people often puke after tasting it), but you know, I'm quite adventurous when it comes to tasting things (as long as it's not a dead animal, of course).

So I went on and tried this wholesome energy drink. I must say it did fill me with energy, and the taste wasn't half bad. Also, it's supposed to keep germs at bay wich  does kome in handy since winter isn't showing any since of leaving this year (we had snow in the morning. Now even I am fed up with it!).

So here's the recipe.

Wholesome, homemade energy drink: Ginger-lemon tea with cocnut oil

4 cups water
a piece of ginger root, about the size of a walnut
1 lemon, juice
cinnamon, to taste
1 tbsp honey
1 tsp organic, unrefined coconut oil per cup of tea, beside the teacup at serving

Peel the ginger root, cut it in small pieces, put in pot with cold water and boil for 5 minutes. Add some cinnamon (about half a teaspoon) then let steep for another 5 minutes.

Add lemon juice and honey and stir.

Serve with a small teaspoon of coconut oil aside.

You Might Also Like

2 komentarji

  1. Taking Green supplements in daily life is really helpful and gives the fruitful results. I am taking it to keep myself energetic and fit.

    OdgovoriIzbriši
    Odgovori
    1. Hello, almost 2 years later! Gosh, am I fast! ;) so, are you still taking supplements or are you just advertising?;)

      Izbriši

Preberi tudi

Subscribe